1. Accredited Mediator with the Tamil Nadu Mediation and Conciliation Centre, High Court of Madras, India since 04-08-2008.
2. Accredited as Mediator by the ADR Group, UK since 16-02-2008.
3. Accredited as “ADR Group Trainer Mediator” in November, 2008.
1. Tamil Nadu Mediation and Conciliation Centre, High Court, Chennai. (Dates – 2007 till date)
Responsibilities relating to mediation – Continuing as Joint Secretary of the Mediation Centre; coordinating the court-annexed mediation program of the Madras High Court; organizing and conducting mediator training programs;
2. Foundation for Comprehensive Dispute Resolution (FCDR). (Dates – 2015 till date)
Responsibilities relating to mediation – Co-founder, Trustee and Mediator
3. Conducted mediator training programs for lawyers, sensitisation program for judges in mediation and mediation awareness programs for the legal fraternity all over India under the aegis of the Supreme Court of India
4. Conducted a workshop on work-place conflict resolution for the World Bank, Chennai.
5. Conducted a community mediation training program at Auroville, Pondicherry
6. Conducted workshops on mediation in the National Judicial Academy at Bhopal, India and in the Tamil Nadu Judicial Academy, including mediation training programs for newly recruited civil judges at Chennai and Chandgarh
I follow the facilitative and transformative style of mediation. Through empathetic listening skills I prefer to establish a relationship of trust with the parties and spend some time in the rapport-building exercise so that communication becomes more smooth and transparent. I prefer to strictly follow a structured process of using joint and private sessions for rapport and trust building, gathering of all relevant information, identification of all underlying issues, generation of options, evaluation of options and finally settlement.